HALFEN reinforcement systems: User friendly reinforcing products with the highest level of quality and safety as standard.
Products for the most modern construction methods and in the line with the most up-to-date technology. HALFEN provides efficient building projects.
HALFEN shear dowel system HSD
The HALFEN shear dowel system HSD is an application for the distribution of shear loads in construction joints. This is mainly to avoid non-uniform settlements and displacements due to divergent deformations. According to the applied system type, it enables horizontal movement in longitudinal direction or longitudinal and cross direction induced by shrinkage, creep and temperature influence. For major load distributions HALFEN offers the heavy duty shear dowel system HSD-CRET.
- More efficient shear load transfer across the movement joint than a simple dowel
- Vertical anchor rods and support box activate the maximum amount of the slab and reinforcement is simplified
- Fewer columns are required and more floor space gained
Quality features are:
- simple joint geometry
- time saving formwork and application
- space-saving solution - double-columns not required
- economic solution for sectional construction phases
- approved by building authority DIBt