HALFEN reinforcement systems: User friendly reinforcing products with the highest level of quality and safety as standard.
Products for the most modern construction methods and in the line with the most up-to-date technology. HALFEN provides efficient building projects.
HFR Fibre Reinforcement
HALFEN HFR Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer composites have approximately twice the strength of regular reinforcement steel, but only one third of its weight. They are corrosion-resistant and can be manufactured in many different bending shapes. HALFEN HFR ribbed profiles are produced in a specialised pultrusion process from high quality glass fibres, with a fibre content of more than 80%. The surface of the HALFEN HFR is shaped in a continuous process to a ribbed surface without destroying the fibres draw out.. This manufacturing process provides the protection of the product against mechanical and chemical damage and ensures an easy and secure handling of HALFEN HFR.
Quality features are:
- High corrosion resistance and chemical resistance:Appropriate for corrosive environment and as reinforcment with reduced concrete cover for limiting crack widths: parking garages, underground garages,bridge decks and parapets, thin facade cladding,bank reinforcements, hydraulic engineering, industrial floor slabs, reservoirs, sewage plants
- Can easily be cut and chipped:Walls in tunnel shafts, Softeye mould anchor, easy removal of temporary structures which are intended to be built back.
- Not electrically conductive, not electrically chargeable, not magnetic: Well suited for installation in research and medical facilities, where calibration is necessary in the vicinity of high-voltage equipment, in areas near the sensors for traffic signals, sensitive instruments, ecological construction, for explosive rooms.
- High tensile strength:Civil engineering and temporary structural elements, additional reinforcement for extraordinary load conditions.
- Sealed bar surface: reinforced ribs and continuous glass fibres, the ribs are not subsequently machined. Glass fibres are entirely embedded in resin and protected:Applications on the construction site